Having grand parents around is a treat!! Since last 2 weeks I am relishing this treat to the fullest. Though my routine is the same, the people involved are changed and hence it is a different fun.
Now a days, my first job in the morning is to wake up my grandparents. How to do that? - very simple - either just bang into their bed or cry for some stupid reason. Second one works faster and they are up and playing with me the next moment (but I get scolding from my parents - so can not use it everyday:)).
On our walk, Pati keeps me showing all the "Pakki" (birds) and "a-panes" (aeroplanes). And since my pati has a doctorate in socialising skills, I have already visited and made few more new friends, including a nice cat; who comes and watches our play everyday!! By the time we reach back, thatha would have completed recitation of Vishnu Sahastranam- so it's time for me to trouble him by removing the photos from his album, by taking away the clips etc.
After this morning session, comes the matinee. It's afternoon's nap time for them and I am as fresh as morning after completing my 3 hours early-afternoon nap!! So what do we do? My Aai tries to keep me away from them so that they can sleep, but isn't it difficult mommy? Best time pass around this time is banging my cycle into their bed, trying to climb up the bed next to their heads, jumping on thatha's stomach, taking their spectacles or just lying down next to them singing like this ;) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=315773782394051436 [it's just a audio no video] With so much activities happening around, who ever loses the patience gets the chance to play with me!!
In the evenings, it is time for an outing exclusively with grandparents. They will take me out in my gaddi and then we all play in the lawn. Sometimes we play with ball, sometimes just with pebbles or sometime with the cat. Yes, the cat comes to watch my play in the evenings too. After spending around one and half hours, they get me back home and what u hear is big shout ..... why for now? Simple - I want to spend some more time outside with my grandparents. Had it been my parents, they would never buckle down by such antics of mine; but as the proverb says "grandparents are parents with out rules" - all these tactics work out here, and thatha takes me out for a walk - even without my gaddi:):).While I am on my second evening walk I will make my thatha run behind me by running on societies road side and touching each and every car parked in the parking....I am loving this!!!
In the night also, intermittently I am getting a chance to sleep in pati's lap.. do I remember when was the last time I slept in lap? But these occassional chances of going off to sleep listening to thatha's singing or pati's patting are nice to have.
Unfortunately, by now our camera has come to my toy's box and as a result except these few, all these sweet memories are captured in my mind only:)


2 comments:
Blog 13 (this blog) describing my association with Dhruv in his diverse activities,with minute details which have been so graphiucally described and depicted gave lot of emotional gratification and virtually enabled me to relive those precious moments again
This is such a cute blog post :)
I could totally visualize the scene in your living room with Dhruv and his Thatha-Pati.
Thatha is quite the rock-star with his new curly-hair hairstyle...looks very nice :)
Post a Comment