Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rocks rocks rocks everywhere ...

Now that thatha-pati are here, I am very happy and spending most of my time playing with them. They are also excited to see me doing all my antics. In the evenings I go out with them to play with ball and pebbles. It's so nice to have them around, the week passed so fast and before we could realise, we were there planning for our weekend plan.

Pebbles being my favourite toy; this time my parents have planned a trip to rocky land!! It is a 2 day trip and they have promised me that I will get to play with stones.

It's a long travel again, but will not be very boring as thatha-pati are sitting next to me. They are also making sure that I am busy playing/eating/drinking:) After a 2 hours journey, we have reached a place called Sedona - wow what a nice place it is. All red rocks around - mommy told me that it is a "dongar" (hill). It is a nice quiet church surrounded by red hills and having hundred candles lightened inside. It's a bit a hot out here and we have to move to the next destination - Grand Canyon.

On our way from Sedona to Grand Canyon, I had two surprises. One, we saw snow in summer and second is my mommy drove the car (As soon as she started driving I went off to sleep - was not very sure how she would drive;)). After a nice long scenic drive we reached Grand Canyon - well I will not say much about it out here than "It is GRANDDDDDDDD!!!". My parents tried to capture this natural beauty but after a while they gave up and agreed to the point that it's not at all possible to capture it in our camera (btw - did I tell you that our camera is very eager to come to me as a toy?;)).

So after trying to see how huge that valley is, we decided to go for a movie. This movie is a 3D movie of Grand Canyon. Before the movie, my parents were not very sure of how I will behave inside the theater, but again and again they forget that I am a good boy :) !!! The movie was amazing - I did not cry or trouble my parents for the entire duration of 40 min; that itself speaks about how much I loved it. By the time we came out of the theater, it was around 7, but sunset was still 45 min away; so my parents decided to head back to our hotel in Flagstaff. This time again, my mummy drove and I decided to sleep.

After a nice good night's sleep, next day morning we went to a place called Snowbowl-a place on the hill. It was not hot out here, but what is this? I can't see anything great out here other that those 2 longgggggg cables starting from the point where we were standing and reaching to sky!! In next 5 minutes, even we were there up in the sky looking at the mountain covered with pine trees with little bit of snow patches here and there.

After half an hour's slow travel, we reached on top of the mountain - elevation is 11500 ft. That big number does not make any difference to me and hence I get back to play in mitti(sand) and daggad on top of the mountain. While I was enjoying the black colour mitti, my parents were trying their best to click a photo as an evidance. Our camera was not at all happy with the fact that thatha had not come up on top and he refused to work untill my parents begged to it for at least 15-20 min;) . At the end, just to keep my parents happy, he worked for few minutes and that's it. After that we came down - this time I was a bit in a naughty mood and my parents had a tough time (they were actually saying that the ride should be a little faster) taking care of me while I was trying to jump in the lap!!

By now, it was afternoon and it was time for us to head back. Return journey was a little boring as we were looking for some mystery spot and couldn't find. But overall it was a memorable trip; watch it yourself to believe the serenity of Sedona city, the grandness of Canyon and the miraculous beauty of Arizona from it's highest mountains!!



Some videos -
http://picasaweb.google.co.in/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#5216074451515352850

http://picasaweb.google.com/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#s5216075172757661810

http://picasaweb.google.com/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#s5216075963531691602

http://picasaweb.google.com/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#s5216077333037397490

http://picasaweb.google.com/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#s5216076961902486418

http://picasaweb.google.com/talk2paddy/GrandCanyonSedonaFlagstaffJune20082122/photo?authkey=L7-yVQdnCKM#5216079491699703746

No comments: