Monday, June 9, 2008

A weekend spent with animals...

A new week has started. I was thinking that I will miss Tanu and Manisha aunty, but no I didn't. No no, it's not that I forget my friends so quickly, it's just that they missed their flight and are back in Scottsdale. No worries, I will make sure that Tanu doesn't get bored in this unexpected extended stay of hers:)

So while I am busy keeping Tanu happy and entertained, my parents are busy planning some trip for the coming weekend(they were going on saying - it's a long weekend!!). Mean while, MC thatha and Revathi pati visited us at our home. It was a short trip but was very nice. I was wearing the nice shirt-pant that Revathi pati had gifted me over the weekend. We all had dinner together and spent some good time. Pati drew a cat for me. So sweet of her!! I am enjoying these pampered weekends;) Waiting for another one now...



Remaining week went in my usual antics; looking for a new toy or trying to do something new everyday and then enjoy the stunned looks on Aai's face. While I was trying to keep my mother entertained, she had other plans and was planning for the weekend trip. Yes, my mother does tooo much planning ( I think even daddy will agree to that;)). So as part of her planning exercise, she was going on telling me (at least once in a day) that we are going to a place called "San Diego". Not that I understood anything from that statement, but like a good boy each time she said that, I responded with a positive action like pulling out clothes from travel bag, taking out all the diapers from packed diaper bag:)

Friday evening Melwyn uncle (he was going to join us for this trip) came and both, he and daddy did some "n" rounds in and out of the house before we all could settle down for a good night sleep before a long journey. In the morning, we all got up as usual (at least me!!) and we started for our trip. It was a very long trip for all of us and we reached our destination around 4 pm in the evening. The first thing that we did was headed for cool breeze at nearest beach.

So there starts my long weekend entirely spent with various types of animals... Beach was full of flemingos - I think that is what my parents thought they were!! They were nice white birds and I had a fun time running behind them on that nice lawn next to the beach.

Next day morning, we left for "Sea World". Though the name has "Sea" and it is associated with water, "knowing swimming" was not essential and hence they let me enter. Inside was a whole different world- colourful and lively!!! After having a warm welcome from big soft toys, we went to have a ride. Yes, first ever amusement park ride of my life - Elmo's Flying Fish. Before the ride started, I was a bit apprehensive about how it would be and did major "natak" ( that is crying:)). But the experience was too good and I couldn't wait for the next ride - Abby's Sea Star Spin. So this time also I did "natak" but for getting into the ride;).

After this, I met almost a dozen different animals - obviously mainly sea animals except a nice bunch of pets. We saw Shamu's show featuring Whales, Dolphin discovery, then Rescue operation featuring Sea Lions & Seals, followed by flemingo's parade(this time it was surely flemingo as it was written out there), fresh water aquarium and at the end journey of Wild Arctic and Atlantis. In between, Daddy won 1 big soft toy for me - guess how? Yep by putting the ball in the basket;)



While being with water animals was a great experience, it was nice to see 4 legged pets telling the rules they follow in their lives!! Here is one of the many links that you will find online : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRBGMP8ihXM&feature=related



The next day was totally dedicated to animals - visiting the zoo.

Well, It was too difficult for me to remember all these events, but I have tried to capture as much as I can through this photo-video series (you were wondering wher all the pics were, weren't you?). Well see them all at ...



On Saturday evening we met Sandya aunty and Joe uncle. I was a bit tired so couldn't talk much with them but I enjoyed the food and the gifts;) Sandya aunty had got nice home made cookies for me which I am enjoying till date. Thank you very much Sandya aunty!!!







See I told you I like weekends - I get some or the other new thing!!!;)

No comments: