Monday, June 2, 2008

A weekend in Tucson

For many days, I had heard my daddy and Indu attya discussing about some place called 'tuson'. I never bothered about it until one day early in the morning they woke me up and put me in the car seat and went out for a looong drive. (I have actually begun to like my special seat now but why should I let my parents know that).

We reached one uncle's place. My daddy called him 'Buddha' - I wonder what it means. After sitting in one place for such a long time, I immediately made use of all the free space available in this new house and wow it had so much I could reach and play with. Subha aunty was not very sure how will I like the place without many toys around (toys to be read as things bought from toys shop!!) but soon she got to know that I had plenty of toys all over the place - included a pen stand full of pens, a candle stand (glass one!!), a mop, a reflector, few photo frames etc all within my reach. Most of these things soon found their way to different corners of the house.


3 hrs journey followed by a long session of exploring new place, made me hungry. Add to that was the nice aroma coming from kitchen. But what is this? Why no one is saying let's have food? I think we are waiting for someone to join us for the lunch. I don't know who that one is; but who ever is that person - "please come fast". :) Well that person did not make me wait too long. Indu attya (yes, that was Indu aatya) came and then we had lunch. I got to eat some lovely idli which I had not eaten for so many days now.

























After my tummy was full, we went out for some sightseeing (I think it was my parents trick to stop me from eating more idli). With a full stomach I went off to sleep in the car. When I woke up, Aai told me that we had been to a nice church. After that we went driving in the hills and to a nice place where we could see this ... Place was "Saguaro National Park". (Speciality of this type of cactus is that each of its branch takes 75 years to grow.. so guess the age of this Saguaro!!)


We reached to this place little late, hence could not see the park actually but could sit there in the lobby and could wait there till sunset. The lobby was really nice. A spacious place with a nice view to all the Saguaro in the background ( A perfect place to take a family photo ;)!!).


























Look at the happy face of mine; reason was simple - play & food. I got to run, play football and fall after having to sit in the car seat all day. I scraped my knee but brave boy that I am I did not cry. And intermittently, Shuba aunty was keeping me completely energetic by feeding some more of her yummy idlis ...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1278029004031173014&hl=en

After this, we went to a place called 'Gates Pass'. The drive from national park to the gate was very scenic- nice clear blue sky, with road winding through the gloden shining mountain ranges with hundredes of Saguaras telling the history of the place.










We reached there for sunset, it was beautiful. My parents could not capture it nicely in camera because they were busy capturing my stunts ;)












Well the day is almost over and now I am again waiting for my next meal;) Dinner was at Indu attya's house. We went there quite late so couldn't see what all was there in front of house but inside the house- wow it's a "khajana" for me!! Out of those numerous things that I was playing with, the most enjoyable was the chain of beads. I think it had more than 50 beads, so just imagin me walking all over with the chain almost double my height. My parents did a quick inspection of the house to make it "baby-proof" (thats waht they thought they did). But even after doing that I had so many things to pull and throw; and they were running behind me continuously and I had great fun escaping from them.


It was a long tiring day. I just had a quick dinner (all other had it later) and slept off. I could hear my parents, Indu aatya & Subha- Buddha chatting till late night. But good night's sleep is important for me to get ready to play with things the next morning......zzzzzz.....


It's Sunday morning, I am awake but what is this everyone else is still sleeping:( . It didn't take more than a minute to make my parents realise that they should have slept on time to get good amount of sleep. So there we were, all 3 of us got up and ready for the day. Indu aatya had planned a trip to some mountain and we were waiting for MC thatha and Revathi pati to join us from Phoenix.


While we were busy waiting for thatha-pati (they got stuck in traffic and came late by lunch time) , I was busy keeping my parents busy while Indu aatya was engrossed in making the food for picnic. She being the great fusion cook, had planned for some nice sandwich rolls and some different type of upma!! Side-effect of that was, I was not getting aatya's time to play with me:( . The only time we spent together when we watered all the plants in teh frontyard in the morning.


So once thatha-pati came, we all had a nice lunch. And since it was a very hot day, we ditched the idea of going out and stayed at home. They brought many nice shirts and shorts for me. Oh how I love being pampered so!!! Pati taught me one new word which sounded very nice ... it was ' allwaaayyys'. I don't know what it means but it sounded so nice I learnt to say it immediately.
Thatha was carrying a nice big camera. He took some nice pictures of all of us together.













I also posed for some portrait photos like this ... you can see a scientist in the making !!









That's it, Tucson trip is over, we are heading back to Scottsdale. Thank you Subha aunty, Buddha Uncle and Indu aatya for making my stay enjoyable and memorable. Thatha-pati, will see you at my place next week. Bye- bye everyone!!

No comments: